· By Ana Mikaela Silva
Healthy Baked oatmeal cups
Looking for on-the-go snacks? These baked oatmeal cups are a healthy and convenient alternative to your Yogoody shake! Filled with fibre-rich oats, fruits and one Yogoody Original for extra protein and flavour.
2 ripe bananas (160 g), mashed (1)
1 egg, beaten (2)
200 ml water + 1 sachet of Yogoody Original Vanilla
2 cups (200 g) rolled oats
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (120 g) frozen berries (3)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ⁰C (350 ⁰F).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, Yogoody Original, and egg (or flaxseed). Add the rolled oats, cinnamon, and berries, and stir until evenly distributed through the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cup sections of a (greased or silicone) muffin tray.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until cooked through.
Serves 12 oatmeal cups, 4 portions
Nutritional Value (per portion): 183 kcal; 3,3 g of fat; 29,7 g of carbohydrates (8,9 g of sugars); 4,2 g of fibre; 7,7 g of protein. Rich in vitamin C, and source of folates and fibre.
- Can be easily substituted with ½ cup (120 g) of applesauce.
- For a vegan option, replace egg with 1 tablespoon (5 g) of ground flaxseed (or chia seeds) with 3 tablespoons of water (45 g).
- Other add-ons could include ¼ cup of chopped nuts of choice (peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts or pecans), sliced banana or, 1 diced apple or pear if using applesauce.
Recipe created by Nutritionist Márcia Gonçalves